Monday, June 4, 2007

Bookfest@ Malaysia 2007

I went to bookfest @ Malaysia 2007 two days ago. It is held in KL convention center for 9 days.


Although newspaper shows that more than 40,0000 people visited this year book fest, but then I face a lot of difficulties when asking around to ask my friends to go with me. 90% say they are NOT INTERESTED, 5% say they are not free or went there already and 5% is banana... ;-p

I wonder where is the 40,0000 people come from??????? ;-p

This is the logo and motto for this year book fest:


See the amount of people turn up in the book fest...


Although this pic is taken from the official site of the bookfest, but then I assure u, there are more people when I was there on the second last day of the book fest. More importantly, many books already sold out when I reach there.

ARGHHHHHHHH......The moral of the story is do never do things last minute......

MAny leading publishers from China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and Malaysia had participated in the bookfest.

This year, I am particularly impress with the price of the books offered by the China publishers. The price of the same book published by them make so much differences compare to taiwan and english books

Besides that, this is also my first time buying translated book. Before this, I always think that translated books are not as good as original because the 'feel' is not there...

But after I know the price difference between the translated book and the original book, I changed my mind... Below are some examples:

chinese (C) : RM11.90 english(E) : RM 27.90

(C): RM 17.90 (E): RM 49.90
(C): RM25.90 (E): RM34.90
(C): RM16.90 (E):RM79.90

We can learn the same knowledge in different ways, different forms and different languages. As long as we know what the author want to tell us, who cares in what language the book is written?

Besides that, I pay half price to get the same book... This means that I can use the remaining money to get other things...

hehe, 想通以后,I feel so proud that I know chinese. hahahaha... and then, I bought 11 books and the average of 1 book is only RM18 ++ . THis make me so so so happy.

For those people who did not visit the book fest this year, nevermind. It held every year around june and july... Just don't miss it again next year...

For those who haven't learn chinese, learn now!!! ;-p

Trust me, it is useful to know more languages.

Reference:





2 comments:

Alan said...

i was there!!! hahahaha

HYY said...

haha! U are among the few of my friends who went there la