Monday, June 11, 2007

Namo Amitofu

This is MIECC - Msia International Exhibition convention centre



I went to visit the Buddhist culture & arts exhibition last Sunday..


This exhibition show the Buddha RELICS !!! 舍利子 --- "gem stones" obtained after cremation of the highly respected saint who have devoted their entire lifetime to spiritual practices and dedicated to the welfare.

However, the relics sometime can be obtained from the common people!!! This is when those people did a lot of good deeds when they are alive.

These relics come with various shapes. They are colorful. Mostly come in red, white and black. Some look like pearl, some look like diamond.

It is said that relics have magical power. They carry positive energy to inspire goodness and protect the devotees.

I purchased lotus and queue up with many devotees to wait for my turn to see the sacred relic and get blessing from the monk!!! (pray hard to be always pretty. hahaha)

Besides relics, the exhibition also has a giant lantern comprising 84 small lanterns. The lantern are illuminated by many colorful bulbs and they rotate by itself. It is very pretty.


I also see the mandala produced by Tibetan monks. It is made from millions of coloured grains of sand. It is said that at the end of exhibition it will be destroyed to remind that all things in the universe are impermanent.


The exhibition also has many statues, calligraphy, paintings, arts exhibition and charitable sales.
They also have clutural performances, floral arrangement, photography and stamps exhibition.

As I always tell people I am a buddhist, actually I do not know much about the buddha practice. This exhibition let me understand more about my religion and see many things I had never seen before.




Ref: http://www.maitreyaproject.org/en/relic/index.html
http://www.bovis.tv/bcaf

No comments: